Friday, January 2, 2009

Results: Did the Economy Affect Nanny Bonuses?

The Results Are In

After posting our article, Did the Economy Affect Nanny Bonuses?, http://bestnannynewsletter.blogspot.com/2008/12/did-economy-affect-nanny-bonuses.html the results of our Best Nanny Newsletter Blog poll asking nannies if their end of year bonus was affected by the economy is complete.

Eighty-eight (88) nannies replied to the poll. Fifty-one nannies (58%) answered "No," their holiday bonus was not affected by the economy. Thirty-five nannies (40%) said, "Yes," their bonus was affected by the economy.

Was your end of the year bonus affected by the economy?

Please click "comments" below to respond.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got over $2,000 end of year bonus. It was definitely not a reflection of a economic recession.

Lara Nanny of two boys

Anonymous said...

I work in NJ and my bonus was fine. I got what I had expected. Nice to read what other nannies think.
Maria, Nanny in NorthWest NJ

Anonymous said...

I work as a live out, full time nanny with three years experience. I had a great year. My bonus went up a littie which was great.
Happy New Year!
Sarah B

Anonymous said...

My bonus was same as last year, about two weeks salary plus gifts.
K. Lawlor Nanny Northern NJ

Anonymous said...

My Bosses gave me a generous cash bonus and the boys gave me some gifts I wanted.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Mary

Anonymous said...

The mother I work for was laid off along with 1500 others from her company. I lost my job in the beginning of November, I have since moved back home and started working where I worked before I came to the East Coast. Needless to say, I didn't get a bonus.

Anonymous said...

I am happy to say I got three weeks bonus and a few great gifts and the family seems to be thriving. Nanny in NJ